Congratulations on finishing your Kaido Challenge!
You have learnt so much over the last few weeks and tried out lots of different ways to improve your health and wellbeing. Now that the challenge has come to an end, take a look at the tips below on how to continue your progress.
Here are the main points to remember:
- Keep moving. Always climb the stairs and schedule regular movement breaks throughout your day to break up sitting time (use an alarm as a reminder).
- Breath. When feeling overwhelmed, pause and take 3 deep breaths to re-centre yourself. This can be done anywhere at any time and brings calm over the body.
- Remove temptations. Keep your kitchen or workspace free from unhealthy snacks to remove any temptations that sneak in. (Don’t forget to re-stock with healthy swaps – swap a bad habit for a good one).
- Reset your mind. Read back over your reflections from the challenge at any time. This will help to take you back to your motivational mindset from the challenge and help with positive thinking and productivity towards your goals.
- Write a Gratitude list. Anytime you are feeling stuck or stressed, take 2 minutes to write down 10 things that you are grateful for in life to realign your thoughts.
- Check in with your colleagues. Keep in contact with your team members and colleagues at work to encourage and motivate each other to stay healthy and active. Could you plan a Midday Mile soon?
Always remember that small manageable changes are key to forming ongoing healthy habits. So keep up with the activities that you enjoy, continue to encourage and support each other and aim to have 5 mindfulness minutes to yourself each day.
Hopefully, see you again soon on the next Kaido Challenge!