Sometimes we all need to switch off and take some time to ourselves to reflect on life. Busy home and work schedules leave hardly any time set aside to focus on you.
Self care isn’t a one time thing, it’s the constant repetition of many tiny habits, which together calm your mind and make sure that your body is at it’s optimum emotionally, physically and mentally.
What if we recharged ourselves as often as our phones?
Have a look at the quick and easy self care ideas below that can be added into your daily routine to help you recharge:
- Take 3 really deep breaths
- Listen to your favourite upbeat songs
- Be still and quiet for a few minutes each day
- If it’s sunny, make the most of 15 minutes of sun exposure
- Laugh – talk to a friend or watch a comedy clip
- Help someone – carry a bag or open a door
- Write your thoughts down for 10 minutes a day
- Have a long shower or bath
- Sit and read a magazine or book for 15 minutes
- Unplug from social media for an hour
- Have a mini declutter to clear your head – this could be sorting a draw or cupboard that you have been meaning to do or your bag!
- Ask for help, big or small
Sometimes reflecting on life and focusing on our thoughts can really help with motivation and direction. Looking at what you have achieved so far, what you have overcome, and where you want to be, can help you to grow and develop.
Why not take 15 minutes out now to write down the answers to the following questions:
What makes you happy?
What makes you unhappy?
What are you good at?
What are you passionate about?
What new skills would you like to learn?
What have you overcome?
What have you achieved so far that you are proud of?
What do you want to achieve in life?
What has held you back so far?
Once you have filled out the questions above, start thinking about your aims and personal goals for the next few months. They can be as simple as the questions below:
What will I start doing?
What will I continue doing?
What will I stop doing?
It is amazing what the mind can achieve with a newfound sense of clarity and direction.