The 5 in 5 is a great way to increase your heart rate, whilst also strengthening important muscles within your body and working on your flexibility.
This Session is designed for the Experienced Gym Goer: Someone who is familiar with the gym and who is looking to really challenge themselves physically.
Here is how it works:
- Every minute you will change the exercise you are completing until you have done 5 exercises in 5 minutes.
- During each minute you will perform the exercise continuously for 40seconds and then rest for the remaining 20 seconds of the minute before going into the next exercise.
- If the exercise is single leg (SL) make sure you change your legs half way through.
- Complete 4 sets of the 5 in 5 for a 20minute workout.
- If the session is too easy try increasing the ‘work’ period and shortening the ‘rest’ period or completing another set. You may also want to add external resistance, however remember the key to effective resistance training is good form!
- Likewise if the session is too hard, shorten the ‘work’ period and increase the ‘rest’ period or reduce the number of sets.
Best of luck!