The 5 in 5 is a great way to increase your heart rate, whilst also strengthening important muscles within your body and working on your flexibility.
This Session is designed for the Beginner: Someone with limited or no gym experience and who is looking for some simple bodyweight exercises they can do from home.
Here is how it works:
- Every minute you will change the exercise you are completing until you have done 5 exercises in 5 minutes.
- During each minute you will perform the exercise continuously for 20seconds and then rest for the remaining 40 seconds of the minute before going into the next exercise.
- If the exercise is Single Leg (SL) make sure you change legs half way through.
- Complete 4 sets of the 5 in 5 for a 20minute workout.
- If the session is too easy try increasing the ‘work’ period and shortening the ‘rest’ period or completing another set.
- Likewise if the session is too hard, shorten the ‘work’ period and increase the ‘rest’ period or reduce the number of sets.
Best of luck!